British DX Club
A club-compiled list giving times and frequencies for programmes of interest to DXers and radio enthusiasts. Updated February 2020.
Africa on Mediumwave & Shortwave
A comprehensive country-by-country guide to domestic and external broadcasts from Africa, including selected opposition and target broadcasts to the African continent. The document is in pdf format. Updated January 2020.
Broadcasting in Afghanistan
A comprehensive guide to shortwave and mediumwave broadcasts to and within Afghanistan. The document is in pdf format. Updated January 2020.
External Services on Medium Wave
A guide to external services on mediumwave by continent and country, including a list in frequency order.
Updated January 2020.
LPAM / RSL / Community Radio Mediumwave Log
A compilation of logs of UK mediumwave Special Event, Restricted Service Licence, Low Power AM, Community Radio and Irish Temporary Licence mediumwave logs as reported to BDXC's monthly journal "Communication". Updated January 2020.
Middle East & Caucasus on Mediumwave and Shortwave
A comprehensive guide to short and mediumwave radio stations in the Middle East and Caucasus. In country order, pdf format. Updated January 2020.
South Asia on Mediumwave and Shortwave
A handy guide to shortwave radio stations in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal. In frequency order, pdf format. Updated January 2020.
UK on Shortwave
An hour-by-hour guide to shortwave broadcasts from UK transmitter sites, including full BBC World Service schedule. Updated January 2020.
A guide to radio museums and other attractions featuring old radio equipment, together with opening times and admission details. Updated August 2019.
BDXC Communication Historical Archive
The club was founded in 1974 as TDXC and to celebrate our 40th anniversary we have scanned some of our very first issues from 1974. Unfortunately issue No 2 is missing from the archive as there are no known copies.
Selected articles from BDXC Communication magazine.
EDXC Conference Reports
Reports on recent conferences of the European DX Council by BDXC members.
- EDXC Conference 2019 - Andorra NEW!
- EDXC Conference 2018 - Part 2 -Vienna, Austria
- EDXC Conference 2018 - Part 1 -Bratislava, Slovakia
- EDXC tour 2017 - Road trip to Lapland & visit to Scandinavian Weekend Radio
- EDXC Conference 2017 - Tampere, Finland
- EDXC Conference 2016 - Manchester, UK
- EDXC Conference 2015 - St Petersburg, Russia
- EDXC Conference 2014 - Tende and Nice, France
- EDXC Conference 2013 - Figueira da Foz, Portugal and Lisbon visit
- EDXC Conference 2012 - Ochsenkopf, Germany and Berlin visit
- EDXC Conference 2012 - visit to Konigs Wusterhausen radio museum
- EDXC Conference 2009 - Dublin, Ireland
- EDXC tour 2009 - Ye Olde Hurdy Gurdy Museum of Vintage Radio, Howth, Co Dublin
- EDXC Conference 2008 - Vaasa, Finland
- EDXC tour 2008: Latvia - Riga, Ulbroka and VEF factory
- EDXC tour 2008: Lithuania - Sitkunai, Vilnius and Jamming
Reports and loggings from the various trips made to Sheigra in north west Scotland by BDXC-UK members:
Offshore Radio Articles
Articles from BDXC Communication magazine about offshore radio.
African DX reports from BDXC member Chris Greenway in Nairobi, Kenya and other articles about African radio.
- The Moyabi Story (History of the high power SW transmitter site at Moyabi, Gabon. Updated Feb 2017)
- Cameroon SW - (Brief history of shortwave broadcasting in Cameroon. Jan 2012)
- Radio Hargeisa - (History of Radio Hargeisa, Voice of the Republic of Somaliland. May 2008)
- Jan 2009 (African shortwave observations)
- Nov 2002 (Visit to Kenyan SW transmitter sites, African SW updates) [Updated 2018]
- Aug 2002 (Kenyan Television)
- Mar 2002 (SW from Malawi, Benin, Niger and WorldSpace news)
- Feb 2002 (Visit to Ghana Broadcasting Corp. SW transmitter site)
- Feb 2002 (Nairobi FM update, SW from Malawi, Zimbabwe, Somalia)
- Oct 2001 (Nairobi SW, FM, WorldSpace update)
- Sep 2001 (Nairobi FM band, African SW news, Somali update)
- Sep 1988 (Clandestine update - Ethiopia, Sudan, Somalia)
- Apr 1987 (Tropical band propagation, the 90m band in Nairobi)
- May 1987 (African clandestines: the Ethiopia-Somalia conflict)
- Jul 1987 (Mediumwave bandscan from Nairobi)
- Sep 1987 (Clandestine update, the Ethiopia-Sudan "radio war")
- Oct 1981 (Dateline Cairo 6th October 1981: Sadat's assassination)
British Isles Radio Station Reference Lists
The most up-to-date comprehensive BDXC reference available is Radio Stations in the UK. However, we hope in time to maintain an equivalent on-line resource as soon as time permits.
Go here for an introduction to what the hobby of "DXing" is all about
This page updated: 2 Feb 20